By Managing Editor Kara Apel
Spring Break is going to be here before you know it, so U Chic sought out the advice of Bob Diener, co-founder of Hotels.com and Getaroom.com, for advice and ideas on where you and your crew can spend your vacation without breaking the bank.
Bob says the following cities are top destinations for college Spring Break travelers:
2. New York City
4. Panama City Beach
5. Las Vegas
6. Los Angeles
Bob's tips on travel deals:
– Travel to Europe — fares are much lower for departures thru March 31.
– Great deals are available for New York City in March — book the Americana from $135/night.
– March 20 to April 14 is the National Cherry Blossom Festival in Washington, D.C. Book in advance to get the best rates.
– Nothing like spring skiing — the weather is warner and the rates are much lower. Book a room at the Spa & Lodge at Breckenridge from $149 a night!
– Stay in Las Vegas at the Stratosphere from $31/night or Circus Circus from $20/night.
– Consider Florida alternate destinations such as Tampa, Fort Meyers, Sanibel, Naples, Palm Beach, Boca Raton or the Florida Keys.
– Consider a shared bath hotel to save big such as the trendy Pod or Jane in New York City.
Bob's tips to help you stay safe:
– Don’t put your handbags around chairs when dining — this is common attraction for thieves.
– Only stay in hotels that are accessible via electronic key at night through a hallway.
– Travel with a group. Don’t go out alone at night. In some places, such as Mexico, women should not go out alone to clubs.
– Be careful with taxis, especially abroad. Make sure they are official taxis.
– If drinking, never leave your drink alone, as someone can add something to your drink.
Image courtesy of Rawich / FreeDigitalPhotos.net