Spring has sprung, meaning summer can’t be far behind. Here the fashion trends for summer we can’t wait to snap up in stores!
1. Maxi Skirts: Everyone from high fashion to high street is channeling the Seventies this season, and one key piece has been the maxi skirt. Our favorite array of skirts is at Express, which has four different styles ranging in price from $50 to $70 in a variety of solids. For a print, you could go with florals… or embrace the kooky stripes of Free People’s Long Stripe Skirt ($78).
2. Wide-Legged Pants: In keeping with the Seventies spirit, flares are back with a vengeance. Try Charlotte Russe’s Wide Leg Stretch Flare ($39.50) or the chic Bell Bottom Jeans at Zara ($69.90)… we recommend pairing them with wedges.
3. Brights: In keeping with our inspirational decade, bright vibrant colors are making a strong appearance this season. Try mixing different brights, like fire-engine red Chino Short from J. Crew ($42.50) or Old Navy’s Cuffed Linen-Blend Shorts in Banana Crepe ($22.50) with a slouchy royal blue Henley by Lovapella at Piperlime ($44) or American Apparel’s Loose Crop Tank in Fluorescent Pink ($22).
4. Tie Dye: If you’re brave, mix up those brights all at once with some tie-dye. We are totally coveting the Tie Dye Maxi Dress by Olsenboye, available at J.C.Penney (on sale for $24.99), but for a darker look, try Aryn K.’s Tie Dye Hooded Zip-Up ($129), available at Babel Fair.
5. High-Waisted Shorts: We popped over to Bloomingdale’s today and a most adorable pair of shorts caught our eye: these MICHAEL Michael Kors Lounge Shorts with a tie-waist and ruffled top (and on sale for $48.65). It got us excited about high-waisted shorts, one of the season’s biggest trends. If you can get a pair of Michael Kors, try the Ecote High Waisted Pleated Short ($54) from Urban Outfitters for a retro feel, Rag & Bone’s Montpelier High-Waist Shorts ($80) from Neiman Marcus for a sleek look, or a classic short with Gap’s Paper Bag Waist Shorts ($25).