Summer is my favorite time of the year because my schedule slightly calms down and I’m able to catch up with friends I haven’t seen in awhile. It’s also a great time to unwind and enjoy a good book at the beach, park, or on a night when you just want to stay in. These are my top five recommendations for a Summer 2014 reading list.
1. The Fault in Our Stars by John Green: if you haven’t already read this amazing book, make sure you do before the movie hits theaters on June 6th! This story will make you laugh and cry…and cry again. I became so connected to Hazel and Augustus and am excited to see the move on the big screen . If you love John Green as much as I do, make sure to also check out his other books too!
2. The Heart and the Fist by Eric Greitens: As an active volunteer of our troops, I am always looking for stories of courageous men and women in the service who protect our country. Eric Greitens is a true definition of an American hero. This is a great read for anyone looking to be inspired by such selfless acts. This is just the book to read if you are looking for that motivation to go out and make a difference.
3. The Longest Ride by Nicholas Sparks: Nicholas Sparks’ newest novel is a love story that’s better than a beach read; definitely worth checking out this summer! I was so excited when his book came out and was thrilled when I had the opportunity to meet him. This is another book to check out before the movie hits theaters.
4. Lauren Conrad Style: Lauren Conrad is my inspiration for a beauty and style tips, especially for work clothes. This book is a great resource if you need to up your wardrobe for back to school, internships, or your first job!
5. Whatever You Are, Be a Good One by Lisa Congdon: Everyone can use some inspiration, and this is a great read for quotes just to get you motivated! You are bound to find your new mantra in this book – it will also keep you in that less-lazy frame of mind that can easily take over during the easy, breezy summer months.
What are you planning to read this summer? Tweet me @_susanmegan with your suggestions for books that you’re anxious to dive into! Want more inspiration? Visit UChic on Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest and TUMBLR